Hello beauty! I hope your week is going well! The weekend is almost in sight, so keep on trudging though my friend!
I recently went hiking in Dundas Valley Conservation Area and I loved it! There’s such a beautiful trail which is perfect for beginners! It doesn’t seem as though many people are aware of this trail since Alexei and I were hiking mostly by ourselves (there were one or two people walking or jogging by) so we relished in the quiet escape into nature. I highly recommend this hike for anyone who’s a nature lover and just want to enjoy the peace and quiet of the natural surroundings. It was so heartwarming to see the squirrels in their true element!
For the hike, I wore my favourite pair of tights from Lululemon, which is no longer in stock but I’ve linked a similar item here. I also wore this super comfortable Nike Swoosh Women’s Sports Bra which I LOVE! Sometimes sports bras can fit too snug because of the material but this one fit like a gem! I love the bright colour as well- the peach really pops, don’t you think?!
For the tank top, this Nike Breathe Miler was chosen as the tank material is so unbelievably light and breathable- perfect for a morning run! Of course another reason for choosing this tank is that the peach colour matches the sports bra which is absolutely love!
I decided to rock my favourite hip pack (or fanny pack as we used to call it!) from Herschel and am linking a very similar item here. This pack got me through my South America trip where I hiked high above the Iguazu waterfalls in Argentina, through the sand dunes in Huacachina and in Machu Picchu, Peru. Needless to say I have somewhat of an attachment to this pack, since it reliably held my travel documents, cellphone and other essential items! I was also warned about people pick pocketing backpacks when hiking in South America, so I made the wise choice to keep all important items on my person and in front of me for safekeeping- best choice that I made as I was able to hike worry-free and have peace of mind.
The kicks that I wore are my favourite pair of Nike Free Run Flyknit Grey Sneakers which are so versatile for hiking and light running. The shoes fit like a glove and conform easily to my feet. They’re also super stylish yet practical, which is important to me even while enjoying an outdoor activity! Always step out stylish my friend- no matter where you’re headed! I’ve linked a similar pair here!
That’s all for today my dear, I really hope you enjoyed today’s post and that it helps you with choosing some fashionable yet comfortable wear for outdoor activities! Let me know in the comments below what’s your go-to hiking outfit! Would love some other ideas! Bye for now love! xoxo
Happy Monday friends! It’s the beginning of a new week and I’m ready to tackle it full on! I hope you had a fun-filled weekend and are enjoying the summer season to the max!
Today, I’m sharing with you this beautiful palm print jumpsuit which I wore to Alexei’s sister’s wedding- it’s absolutely gorgeous and so darn comfortable! This piece caught my eye when I was browsing through the clothing rack at one of my favourite stores in Toronto called Honey Boutique and I just knew I had to buy it!
This blush floral suit is ideal for the Spring and Summer season, with its multi coloured palm print- it just screams ‘Vacation Mode!’. Both the exterior and lining are 100% polyester and is super lightweight! The wedding day was extremely hot and humid (seriously, Canada Weather issue a heat warning!) yet I felt so cool and breezy because of the wide leg, it’s one of my favourite elements of this jumpsuit! Culottes are really the best aren’t they?!
While I was unable to link the exact item in this post (the website didn’t feature this piece but it’s brand new so I’m confused as to why it’s not on the site), I did find similar styles in various colours which are just as beautiful!
– Shop here for more jumpsuits from Honey Boutique
Happy Monday friend! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Alexei and I recently visited the cutest Creperie in Oakville called La Parisienne Crêperie (check out my blog post: ‘Travel: City Hop for Canada Day Weekend’ for the full details and photos!). Not only were the savouryandsweet crêpes so incredibly delicious, but the coffee’s aroma is sure to entice you into this quaint cafe!! The coffee tasted absolutely delicious and the server gave us our individual French Press for our coffees, and I was so impressed with the quality of the coffee, I just had to link the brand of the French Press and share with you! I’ve linked multiple options for your coffee needs.
Do you own a French Press? If you’re a coffee lover, then I highly recommend this item because there’s nothing better than a pot of freshly brewed coffee! ☕️
Let me know in the comments below if you purchase this product! Would love to know if you’re pleased with it 😊
Hope you have a great week ahead love and we’ll chat soon! xoxo
I hope you had a wonderful Canada Day weekend! I’m still recovering from the fun-filled events, as Alexei and I were city hopping all weekend- we visited 8 cities in 3 days! What did you do to celebrate?
In today’s post, I’m sharing our adventures across multiple cities within Ontario to truly embrace the Canada Day experience!
Oakville: On Saturday, we decided to visit the beautiful city of Oakville’s Bronte Harbour, where the marina is lined with boats, yachts, seagulls and swans! There were several residents strolling around the harbour, with bright, colourful and uniquely painted chairs for relaxation. If you’re looking to grab a quick bite to eat, there are several restaurants on Bronte Street in walking distance of the harbour. Depending on your appetite, restaurant choices include Harbourside Artisan Kitchen, Cove Bar & Restaurant, Plank Restobar and my personal favourite- La Parisienne Crêperie. I’ve also linked a visitors’ guide on what to do in the Oakville area.
2. Burlington: We headed to Walmart Burlington North Supercentre, where I went to take my photos for my Citizenship application (I’m a Permanent Resident of Canada, and am so excited to finally submit my application!)
3. Mississauga: We then decided to head to Square One Shopping Centre to do some light (emphasis on the word ‘light’ :p) shopping. We picked up a few items and ran some errands. I bought this Tall Striped Essential Shirt at the Ann Taylor store and was so pleased with this purchase- stay tuned for the photo when I share it on Instagram (@livinglissy)! Also, Alexei and I discovered this new store called BonLook which is based in Quebec but has subsidiaries throughout Ontario. He bought this super smart looking pair of eyeglasses called Black Tort and not only are the eyeglasses stylish, but they are much more affordable than the competition- will keep you updated on the feedback when he receives the pair of glasses.Afterwards, we headed for dinner at this lovely buffet restaurant called Tandoori Flame. This is North America’s largest Indian Buffet Restaurant and rightfully deemed so, as the restaurant space is so large that it allows for an array of live stations, with over 3 stations of food. There’s a salad bar, two wrap around food station bars, along with the food stations lined by the kitchen, and a dessert bar. The food itself was so delicious, that I had no trouble helping myself to seconds and even thirds! The atmosphere is warm and lively with the music playing in the background and the crowd conversations filling the air. There is a large presence of South Asian population, which is a wonderful cultural experience (I am West Indian from the Caribbean, so have not been exposed to much East Indian culture while growing up). The dishes were so tasty and each dish had a distinct flavor, bringing such an explosion of flavors! What a perfect meal to end the evening!
4. Fort Erie: On Sunday afternoon, Alexei and I, along with his father and grandfather, visited to the Fort Erie Race Track to place our bets! I’ve never been to a racetrack in Canada, and my first experience left me with the desire to visit again! While people go for the betting, I was more interested in the farmer’s market located just outside of the building, with fresh fruits and vegetables, cured meats and handmade and unique crafts!
5. Port Colborne: After the race track, we all headed to his father’s house in the Port Colborne area, to relax on the deck and enjoy the rest of the warm, sunny day! Of course, no patio is complete without pizza and beer/cider, so we stopped at the Colborne Pizza Hut and the local LCBO.
6. Waterdown: Upon leaving his dad’s house, we made an impromptu decision to visit the Waterdown’s Ribfest (we arrived at 10:30pm, and it closed at 11:00pm, but hey, who needs more than 30 minutes to devour mouth-watering ribs!) and what a great idea that was! There were 6 different rib vendors and several other vendors selling Corn On The Cob, Blooming Onions, Funnel Cakes, Lemonade and of course, BEER! The sights, smells and sounds of the amusement rides, BBQ meat and live music, really evoke a feeling of what Canadian summer is all about! In my opinion, this was the perfect event for a Canada Day weekend. We bought cornbread and ribs at the ‘Hawgs Gone Wild BBQ‘ vendor, and oh my goodness- it was hands down the absolute best ribs we’ve had all year (we’ve been to Ribfest three times this year, and summer’s only just begun!). The meat itself was juicy, and well cooked, and the sticky, smoky sauce really complemented the sweet corn bread! We actually visited the Ribfest again on Monday, for the same vendor’s ribs (yes, we really loved it!) when the announcement was made that the ‘Hawgs Gone Wild BBQ‘ vendor had just won the ‘2019 Judges Choice’! I couldn’t help thinking, ‘Wow! Our palette is as refined as the judges own, because we trusted our taste buds and knew that those were the best ribs and now it’s actually official!’ This Ribfest was the perfect meal to complete the Sunday!
7. Hamilton: On Monday morning, Alexei and I woke up revitalized from the weekend and ready to enjoy our Canada Day starting with a hike through Dundas Valley Conservation Area! We really look forward to summer time in Canada for outdoor adventures, especially hiking to Hamilton’s Waterfalls! We hiked for approximately 2 ½ km on the Monarch Trail, which really is a hidden gem as the majority of people ventured to the waterfalls. The hiking trail was so peaceful, that we were truly felt at one with nature and were grateful for the opportunity to experience the sights and sounds of the birds and wildlife.
We continued exploring the city by visiting the Bayfront Park, for the Canada Day Celebration held by both RBC and the City of Hamilton, filled with food trucks, family fun and live performances. Alexei and I enjoyed the sunny afternoon with our picnic blanket and relaxed by the lake. As the fireworks display took place later on in the nighttime, we decided to pack up and head home to watch the fireworks from the comfort of our balcony.
8. Toronto: As we approached the ending of our day’s festivities, Alexei and I returned to the city of Toronto to enjoy the Ashbridges Bay Fireworks Display, which was so marvelous! Watching the brilliantly colored light bursting in the sky, brought upon a bittersweet feeling of the ending of the long weekend. While a part of me was upset that the long weekend was over, I reflected on the weekend’s events, and a wave of nostalgic bliss overcame me as the fireworks marked the observance and symbolism of Canada’s Independence.
I really hope you enjoyed this post, and that you can get some ideas of what to do during the Canada Day weekend or even during the summer! Canada’s summer is so exciting and adventure-filled with many free events, hiking activities, camping, movie nights at the drive in theatre and of course, food festivals!
If you like this post, do comment below and share your experiences- I’m always looking for adventures within and around the city!
Enjoy your 4 day work-week and we’ll chat very soon friend! xoxo
Happy Friday loves! I am beyond elated for the Toronto Raptors first NBA Championship win! 🏆 The city is buzzing and the people are jubilant! The atmosphere is electrifying and I truly couldn’t be more proud for our team- they deserve this win! Today’s post is inspired by the Raptors colours and I had so much fun with this look!
The Hollister low rise shorts have so much stretch and the fit is super comfortable! I’ve added a similar pair of Hollister shorts as my own are no longer in stock- it’s only CAD$23.00, so get it while it lasts! This Garage red tank is the perfect basic tank- it’s casual with a comfort element yet stylish all at once! It’s only CAD$16.95 and definitely worth the buy! ♥️ I’ve decided to pair this kit with these trendy Treanna white flats which are only CAD$49.99! The white pair is no longer in stock but I’ve linked the item which is also available in both nude and black colours. I decided to accessorize this look with this beautiful handwoven round bag! It’ complements these colours perfectly and is in for the 2019 season! It’s 42% off now so get this steal of a deal while you can! Finally, I completed this overall look with my favourite Pandora Rose jewelry- this rose gold bracelet fits perfectly, but be mindful to buy a slightly larger size as the charms takes up space which tightens the band. I especially love the locket feature for this popular band- almost bears a symbol of love with the locket element. And lastly, if you’re representing Pandora Rose, it’s best to sport the collection- the Pandora Rose stud earrings are my most worn pair of earrings as it’s so versatile, it can be worn as a casual outfit with hair down, or really shines through with an updo hairstyle! And the final piece to compete the collection- the Pandora Rose ring is so timeless as it features the signature Pandora logo on the beautiful rose coloured metal! That’s it for now folks- I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did creating this Raptors inspired outfit! Take care and have a wonderful, enjoyable and safe weekend! xoxo ~ Lissy
I’m diving right into this post by saying how much I’m gushing over this whisper rose (or rose gold as I call it) dress! It was the perfect piece for my company holiday party (this is the third time that I’ve worn this dress for 2018) and I received tons of compliments on it, so I thought that I’d share it with you all! While this dress is a year old, I found a similar one from the place where I bought the dress featured below. I’m about to spill the store where I shop for my wedding guest dress and it’s been my best kept secret for a while, but I thought since it’s the holidays, why not share it with you girls! 🙂
So here it is- Ever New Melbourne (the Australian store is called Forever New) is one of my FAVOURITE stores, and there’s only one store in the gem of the city of Toronto (the only store is Ontario at the moment!). You can find this store at the Eaton Centre shopping mall, and it features such exquisite, high quality affordable clothing. If any of you are familiar with it, do let me know your thoughts! You’ll find gorgeous staples- from classy coats to stylish accessories to elegant gowns and cocktail dresses- do be sure to check out this store for your next holiday party! You’ll be thanking me after your visit!
Ok, back to the dress- the style is so sophisticated, and the colour is absoltely perfect for a holiday party or even at wedding! My dress size is AUS 6; EUR 34; US 2 for reference (the tag displays all three sizing information which is so helpful to those of us not familiar with Euro or Aus sizes!).
Let me know what you all think of this lovely dress and wishing you all a wonderful weekend ahead- for those of you in Toronto, be sure to check out this store at the Eaton Centre while you’re doing your holiday shopping- and it’s now 55% off!
Btw- for you folks wondering about my handsome date’s suit- he shops for all stylish, fitted suits at Top Man, so send your hubby there for his next formal event shopping!
Today I’m sharing with you my Thanksgiving inspired maxi dress, which I wore in celebration of the Canadian holiday (while vacationing in Barbados!).
This floral dress (I’m wearing a size small) is beautiful and has a rustic color which I absolutely LOVE for the fall season! The frill sleeves add such a feminine element and complements the floral print so well!
I decided to complete the look with my new favorite pair of fringe earrings which are so incredibly cheap at just under $10! The outfit gives for a bohemian look doesn’t it?!
For my Canadian friends- How did you spend your thanksgiving? And for my U.S neighbors- Keep this outfit in mind for your upcoming Thanksgiving holiday!
Hello beauties! Today’s blog post features my recent trip to the Terre Bleu Lavender Farm and Sunflower field! This was an absolutely beautiful experience- from seeing the horses roam the fields, to the lavender infused sweet treats, to the 20,000 sunflowers standing tall and proud- I was in my glee! I had always wanted to visit the sunflower field- it was a must on my 2018 summer list, so I asked my boyfriend to go as a cute date event. Since the peak time for the sunflowers to bloom is late July/early August, I was ready to go visit my brightly coloured friends, but was so disappointed to learn that the popular Bogle Sunflower field in Hamilton was trampled and damaged by city folk, which resulted in more security presence and access restriction of the field for photo opportunities. Thank goodness our friend mentioned that the Terre Bleu field in Milton was open, and it was definitely worth it, as it included both a lavender field as well as a sunflower field! The cost per person is $20.00 for the lavender field, and unfortunately, the sunflower field ticket cannot be purchased separately- this cost was an additional $10.00, so a total cost of $30.00 per person. We arrived at the sunflower field at 3:30pm and was told that the latest entrance to the sunflower field was 4:30pm. An hour is more than enough time to walk through the field and enjoy the yellow hues. I was in complete awe when surrounded by the flowers towering above me- I gazed in admiration thinking about all the quotes that I’d heard before, never really giving them much thought, but now I can say that sunflowers are some magnificent flowers. The sunflowers’ colours are bright and bold, their height is tall, exuding confidence, and they follow the light by facing the sun. In many ways, we can learn to be more like sunflowers- the characteristics are so similar to what we, as human beings, preach on a daily basis. After we took many Instagram worthy photos, we decided to head to the lavender field, which closes at 5:00pm. Upon exiting the sunflower field, we were each given a sunflower as a token for visiting the field, which has now become my newest addition to the home;) Quick tip- Be mindful when collecting the sunflower upon exiting the field, as most people tend to want the largest sunflowers, but those are actually the ones in fullest bloom and will die sooner than the smaller ones. We entered the lavender field and roamed for all of 5 minutes, before the sign which read ‘Lavender Ice Cream & Lavender Lemonade’ instantly captured our attention, and we immediately stood in line for the refreshing eats, which were the perfect treat to end our day. See below the many photos taken to capture each moment- like the sun rays, just soak it all in! Have you ever visited the sunflower or lavender fields? If so, please share your experiences below- I’m always eager to read your comments! 🙂 Follow me on Instagram for more exciting adventures @livinglissy (https://www.instagram.com/livinglissy/).
Outfit details: Dynamite clothing: Sheer T-Shirt Dress- $44.95CAD Stone Fringe Earrings- $14.95CAD Amazon.ca: Bali Harvest: Round Woven Ata Rattan Bag Linen Inside and Leather Button- $43.99CAD Bye for now! xoxo ~ Lissy
Happy Friday beauties!!! We finally made it throughout the week and I’m so excited to share this look with you all!
Today’s post features this cute floral outfit with which I’m currently obsessed!
This outfit is courtesy of Dynamite clothing- the ruffled shoulder top is so feminine and versatile that I love to pair it with skirts, shorts and even jeans! I’m wearing a size Small and it does fit quite snug, so bear this in mind if you decide to buy it! The skirt (size small) is one of my spring/summer favourites!! The high waisted piece is comfortable, trendy, and has a perfect length (a factor to consider when I buy shorts/skirts, as I’m quite tall at 5’8!). The floral print with pastel pink colour just screams ‘SUMMER’, don’t you think?! I also love the white detailing of the flowers, and how the cute bow ties at the side 🙂 I paired the outfit with my favourite and most comfortable nude sandals from Call it Spring and completed the look with soft pink and gold jewelry and blush pink sunglasses from Forever 21.
I decided to complement this kit with one of my go to handbags- this gorgeous pink frill handbag is a staple for spring and summer time! It’s lightweight, has pockets inside, includes a zip to close (very important to me!) and gives for a dainty and feminine look!
See below for the outfit looks, and do share your comments below! 🙂