Hi there! My name is Alicia (nicknamed Lissy). Some things to know about me:
- I recently joined the 30s train
- I'm an island girl, originally born and raised in Trinidad & Tobago and currently living in Canada
- My hobbies include: fashion, travel, fitness, food, beauty, reading, DIY arts & crafts
- I'm a huge dog lover; I once had 5 dogs at my house all at once!
I'll be posting about my hobbies and I can't wait to connect with you all! Be sure to subscribe to stay in the loop with my daily fashion updates- I'm a firm believer in creating unique fashion on a budget! You can also follow me on social media:
- Instagram: @livinglissy
- Facebook page: Living Lissy
- Pinterest: Living Lissy
That's it for now, I hope to connect with you soon! xoxo
Hello beauty! I hope your week is going well! The weekend is almost in sight, so keep on trudging though my friend!
I recently went hiking in Dundas Valley Conservation Area and I loved it! There’s such a beautiful trail which is perfect for beginners! It doesn’t seem as though many people are aware of this trail since Alexei and I were hiking mostly by ourselves (there were one or two people walking or jogging by) so we relished in the quiet escape into nature. I highly recommend this hike for anyone who’s a nature lover and just want to enjoy the peace and quiet of the natural surroundings. It was so heartwarming to see the squirrels in their true element!
For the hike, I wore my favourite pair of tights from Lululemon, which is no longer in stock but I’ve linked a similar item here. I also wore this super comfortable Nike Swoosh Women’s Sports Bra which I LOVE! Sometimes sports bras can fit too snug because of the material but this one fit like a gem! I love the bright colour as well- the peach really pops, don’t you think?!
For the tank top, this Nike Breathe Miler was chosen as the tank material is so unbelievably light and breathable- perfect for a morning run! Of course another reason for choosing this tank is that the peach colour matches the sports bra which is absolutely love!
I decided to rock my favourite hip pack (or fanny pack as we used to call it!) from Herschel and am linking a very similar item here. This pack got me through my South America trip where I hiked high above the Iguazu waterfalls in Argentina, through the sand dunes in Huacachina and in Machu Picchu, Peru. Needless to say I have somewhat of an attachment to this pack, since it reliably held my travel documents, cellphone and other essential items! I was also warned about people pick pocketing backpacks when hiking in South America, so I made the wise choice to keep all important items on my person and in front of me for safekeeping- best choice that I made as I was able to hike worry-free and have peace of mind.
The kicks that I wore are my favourite pair of Nike Free Run Flyknit Grey Sneakers which are so versatile for hiking and light running. The shoes fit like a glove and conform easily to my feet. They’re also super stylish yet practical, which is important to me even while enjoying an outdoor activity! Always step out stylish my friend- no matter where you’re headed! I’ve linked a similar pair here!
That’s all for today my dear, I really hope you enjoyed today’s post and that it helps you with choosing some fashionable yet comfortable wear for outdoor activities! Let me know in the comments below what’s your go-to hiking outfit! Would love some other ideas! Bye for now love! xoxo
How’s your Tuesday treating you? I find that Tuesday’s aren’t as dreadful as Monday’s, I guess because we’re already going through the motion (and by that I mean, the work week), but I still count down the days until the weekend!
Today’s post features the weekend outfit which I wore to the Ancaster Ribfest– mmm, love me some good pork and beef ribs! What about you? Have you ever been to ribfest? What’s your favourite food at the festival? I love the corn on the cob and blooming onions! 🥰
Alexei and I decided to try the Kentucky Smokehouse vendor and boy was the sauce darn good! (That’s about as country as I can speak! haha).
Let’s get into the outfit, shall we? I’m wearing this super comfortable high rise paperbag shorts with adjustable drawstrings (xs), and the style is so flattering for any body type! This item gives for a relaxed fit with a wide leg and is 90% Rayon material. The best feature about these shorts- they come with functional pockets on each side which add for such an easy casual look!
I’ve also linked a very similar item called the Riley Belted Short– it’s also a paperbag style and includes a removable belt and pockets (see, super similar!) so you can check out this item as well!
Both items can be styled with a crop top or even tucked into the shorts for a more fitted, yet relaxed feel. I find that usually with these wide leg or loose fitting pants, a fitted top pairs best otherwise it can look as though you’re drowning in your outfit! :p
I hope you enjoy this post and as always, feel free to leave a comment below! I’m curious to know what unique food festivals there are in your area and which is your favourite! 🙂
Happy Monday friends! It’s the beginning of a new week and I’m ready to tackle it full on! I hope you had a fun-filled weekend and are enjoying the summer season to the max!
Today, I’m sharing with you this beautiful palm print jumpsuit which I wore to Alexei’s sister’s wedding- it’s absolutely gorgeous and so darn comfortable! This piece caught my eye when I was browsing through the clothing rack at one of my favourite stores in Toronto called Honey Boutique and I just knew I had to buy it!
This blush floral suit is ideal for the Spring and Summer season, with its multi coloured palm print- it just screams ‘Vacation Mode!’. Both the exterior and lining are 100% polyester and is super lightweight! The wedding day was extremely hot and humid (seriously, Canada Weather issue a heat warning!) yet I felt so cool and breezy because of the wide leg, it’s one of my favourite elements of this jumpsuit! Culottes are really the best aren’t they?!
While I was unable to link the exact item in this post (the website didn’t feature this piece but it’s brand new so I’m confused as to why it’s not on the site), I did find similar styles in various colours which are just as beautiful!
– Shop here for more jumpsuits from Honey Boutique
Hello friend! I’m sure you must be aware by now of the 2019 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starting today (although the sale starts next week Friday, July 19 for my Canadian friends!). Today’s post features a few Nordstrom wrap skirts which have caught my eye for summer! Some of the items below are even on sale right now- up to 60% off!
I hope you enjoyed this post and found some new beautiful skirts for the summer season! Which do you prefer: skirts or dresses? While I do love maxi dresses, there’s just something about a mini wrap skirt that’s so feminine and fun!
Wishing you the best weekend doll, and we’ll chat soon! xoxo
I hope your week is going well so far, don’t worry- we’re halfway there until the weekend!
I wanted to share a quick post on today’s look- black and white polka dots paired with a red accent just gives me a feeling of nostalgia replicating an 80’s retro style, don’t you think? Of course, you can pair with black or white shoes or accessories, but I love the bright red color against the black and white! Add a pop of bold red lipstick and you’re a modern day Marilyn Monroe!
While thisparticular item is no longer in stock, as I bought it a few years ago fromCharlotteRusse, I’ve linkedTONSof similar itemsbelow (many comes in different color variations, but I’ve directly linked black and white prints) all under $USD100for your viewing pleasure!😊
Happy Monday friend! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Alexei and I recently visited the cutest Creperie in Oakville called La Parisienne Crêperie (check out my blog post: ‘Travel: City Hop for Canada Day Weekend’ for the full details and photos!). Not only were the savouryandsweet crêpes so incredibly delicious, but the coffee’s aroma is sure to entice you into this quaint cafe!! The coffee tasted absolutely delicious and the server gave us our individual French Press for our coffees, and I was so impressed with the quality of the coffee, I just had to link the brand of the French Press and share with you! I’ve linked multiple options for your coffee needs.
Do you own a French Press? If you’re a coffee lover, then I highly recommend this item because there’s nothing better than a pot of freshly brewed coffee! ☕️
Let me know in the comments below if you purchase this product! Would love to know if you’re pleased with it 😊
Hope you have a great week ahead love and we’ll chat soon! xoxo
If you prefer to wear jeans and are simply looking for a festive top to celebrate the holiday- then thisSunset Island Red Orange Embroidered Pompom Crop Topis perfect for you! The crochet detail on the square neckline, and festive pom poms trim both add a unique element to this cotton top!
Hope you all enjoy the holiday and chat soon! xoxo
Disclosure: As a Lulus Affiliate, I receive a commission from purchases made through links in this post.
I hope you had a wonderful Canada Day weekend! I’m still recovering from the fun-filled events, as Alexei and I were city hopping all weekend- we visited 8 cities in 3 days! What did you do to celebrate?
In today’s post, I’m sharing our adventures across multiple cities within Ontario to truly embrace the Canada Day experience!
Oakville: On Saturday, we decided to visit the beautiful city of Oakville’s Bronte Harbour, where the marina is lined with boats, yachts, seagulls and swans! There were several residents strolling around the harbour, with bright, colourful and uniquely painted chairs for relaxation. If you’re looking to grab a quick bite to eat, there are several restaurants on Bronte Street in walking distance of the harbour. Depending on your appetite, restaurant choices include Harbourside Artisan Kitchen, Cove Bar & Restaurant, Plank Restobar and my personal favourite- La Parisienne Crêperie. I’ve also linked a visitors’ guide on what to do in the Oakville area.
2. Burlington: We headed to Walmart Burlington North Supercentre, where I went to take my photos for my Citizenship application (I’m a Permanent Resident of Canada, and am so excited to finally submit my application!)
3. Mississauga: We then decided to head to Square One Shopping Centre to do some light (emphasis on the word ‘light’ :p) shopping. We picked up a few items and ran some errands. I bought this Tall Striped Essential Shirt at the Ann Taylor store and was so pleased with this purchase- stay tuned for the photo when I share it on Instagram (@livinglissy)! Also, Alexei and I discovered this new store called BonLook which is based in Quebec but has subsidiaries throughout Ontario. He bought this super smart looking pair of eyeglasses called Black Tort and not only are the eyeglasses stylish, but they are much more affordable than the competition- will keep you updated on the feedback when he receives the pair of glasses.Afterwards, we headed for dinner at this lovely buffet restaurant called Tandoori Flame. This is North America’s largest Indian Buffet Restaurant and rightfully deemed so, as the restaurant space is so large that it allows for an array of live stations, with over 3 stations of food. There’s a salad bar, two wrap around food station bars, along with the food stations lined by the kitchen, and a dessert bar. The food itself was so delicious, that I had no trouble helping myself to seconds and even thirds! The atmosphere is warm and lively with the music playing in the background and the crowd conversations filling the air. There is a large presence of South Asian population, which is a wonderful cultural experience (I am West Indian from the Caribbean, so have not been exposed to much East Indian culture while growing up). The dishes were so tasty and each dish had a distinct flavor, bringing such an explosion of flavors! What a perfect meal to end the evening!
4. Fort Erie: On Sunday afternoon, Alexei and I, along with his father and grandfather, visited to the Fort Erie Race Track to place our bets! I’ve never been to a racetrack in Canada, and my first experience left me with the desire to visit again! While people go for the betting, I was more interested in the farmer’s market located just outside of the building, with fresh fruits and vegetables, cured meats and handmade and unique crafts!
5. Port Colborne: After the race track, we all headed to his father’s house in the Port Colborne area, to relax on the deck and enjoy the rest of the warm, sunny day! Of course, no patio is complete without pizza and beer/cider, so we stopped at the Colborne Pizza Hut and the local LCBO.
6. Waterdown: Upon leaving his dad’s house, we made an impromptu decision to visit the Waterdown’s Ribfest (we arrived at 10:30pm, and it closed at 11:00pm, but hey, who needs more than 30 minutes to devour mouth-watering ribs!) and what a great idea that was! There were 6 different rib vendors and several other vendors selling Corn On The Cob, Blooming Onions, Funnel Cakes, Lemonade and of course, BEER! The sights, smells and sounds of the amusement rides, BBQ meat and live music, really evoke a feeling of what Canadian summer is all about! In my opinion, this was the perfect event for a Canada Day weekend. We bought cornbread and ribs at the ‘Hawgs Gone Wild BBQ‘ vendor, and oh my goodness- it was hands down the absolute best ribs we’ve had all year (we’ve been to Ribfest three times this year, and summer’s only just begun!). The meat itself was juicy, and well cooked, and the sticky, smoky sauce really complemented the sweet corn bread! We actually visited the Ribfest again on Monday, for the same vendor’s ribs (yes, we really loved it!) when the announcement was made that the ‘Hawgs Gone Wild BBQ‘ vendor had just won the ‘2019 Judges Choice’! I couldn’t help thinking, ‘Wow! Our palette is as refined as the judges own, because we trusted our taste buds and knew that those were the best ribs and now it’s actually official!’ This Ribfest was the perfect meal to complete the Sunday!
7. Hamilton: On Monday morning, Alexei and I woke up revitalized from the weekend and ready to enjoy our Canada Day starting with a hike through Dundas Valley Conservation Area! We really look forward to summer time in Canada for outdoor adventures, especially hiking to Hamilton’s Waterfalls! We hiked for approximately 2 ½ km on the Monarch Trail, which really is a hidden gem as the majority of people ventured to the waterfalls. The hiking trail was so peaceful, that we were truly felt at one with nature and were grateful for the opportunity to experience the sights and sounds of the birds and wildlife.
We continued exploring the city by visiting the Bayfront Park, for the Canada Day Celebration held by both RBC and the City of Hamilton, filled with food trucks, family fun and live performances. Alexei and I enjoyed the sunny afternoon with our picnic blanket and relaxed by the lake. As the fireworks display took place later on in the nighttime, we decided to pack up and head home to watch the fireworks from the comfort of our balcony.
8. Toronto: As we approached the ending of our day’s festivities, Alexei and I returned to the city of Toronto to enjoy the Ashbridges Bay Fireworks Display, which was so marvelous! Watching the brilliantly colored light bursting in the sky, brought upon a bittersweet feeling of the ending of the long weekend. While a part of me was upset that the long weekend was over, I reflected on the weekend’s events, and a wave of nostalgic bliss overcame me as the fireworks marked the observance and symbolism of Canada’s Independence.
I really hope you enjoyed this post, and that you can get some ideas of what to do during the Canada Day weekend or even during the summer! Canada’s summer is so exciting and adventure-filled with many free events, hiking activities, camping, movie nights at the drive in theatre and of course, food festivals!
If you like this post, do comment below and share your experiences- I’m always looking for adventures within and around the city!
Enjoy your 4 day work-week and we’ll chat very soon friend! xoxo
It’s Canada Day long weekend and I’m blissfully enjoying each and every moment of the summer weather! My boyfriend, Lex and I have been city hopping from Toronto to to Mississauga toBurlington to Oakville to Fort Erie and the experience has been amazing! There are so many unique and hidden treasures within each city!
One of my favourite weekend outfits include this floral and flirty dress which I paired with this trendy navy blue crossbody bag. While this item is no longer in stock, I have linked similar items below- Michael Kors handbags are my favourite- I own about 4 bags and each one is of high quality, with unique designs and so stylish! Are you a MK fan? Here are some of my favourite MK crossbody bags which are similar to my own:
Today, I’m sharing with you this little number that I wore to work for casual Friday. We all know that dressing smartly at work is so much fun, but having the option to be casual is even better, because you can dress down while keeping it work appropriate!
Although it’s casual Friday in the office, I still like to keep it classy, and today’s post features this beautiful casual yet trendy Square Neck Dress from one of my favorite designers- Ann Taylor. I’m wearing a size 0 Petite, and it does fit true to size. I absolutely love the fact that Ann Taylor’s clothes consider those who may be smaller in stature, so the Petite option is favorable to many people who struggle for the best fit of clothing. What’s your opinion on Ann Taylor designs? I’ve always been under the impression that it’s for a more mature audience, but then I found myself shopping in the store twice a week!
I paired this piece with my most worn pair of black flats from Call It Spring.While this particular item is no longer in stock, I’ve linked a similar pair here. The best news about this store is that they’re now vegan! 🙂
The best feature about this dress is that you can play with it in so many different ways- it can be dressed up with block heels or dressed down with a pair of ballerina flats or sandals.
I wish you all the best weekend, and for all you Canadians, I wish you a very special Canada Day long weekend!