Welcome to my very first blog! My name is Alicia (nicknamed Lissy), and I’m so excited to share with you my love for fashion, food, healthy recipes, fitness tips and tricks, travel and my life in general! I hope that you will also share some of your interests and ideas with me. Besides, we can all learn something from each other, can’t we? Here are some fun facts about me:
– I’m 5’8 and twenty-something years old- or young, depending on if you’re a glass half full person 😉
– I’m originally born and raised in the sweet island of Trinidad and Tobago, and moved to Canada in 2009 for university, where I currently live (people frequently ask me why would I leave such a beautiful place, with its 30 degree weather, beautiful beaches and lush greenery to migrate to Canada- and to this day I still cannot give a justified answer: undoubtedly, the saying holds true- Home is where the heart is <3)
– I graduated from Ryerson University with a Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resources
– I’ve always held interests in fashion, fitness, travel, baking, swimming, and reading (oh, did I mention that I’m a serious foodie and animal lover :p)
– I’ve done modeling in Trinidad when I was 19 years old, specifically for Trinidad and Tobago’s Fashion Week
– My favorite pastime is reading- I would get lost in books for hours upon end, especially classics such as Black Beauty, Heidi, Nancy Drew and The Baby-Sitters Club series, to name a few
– I go to the gym at least 3 times per week and love to try new healthy recipes- I’ll be sure to share those that were a successful hit!
– I visit Indigo at least once a week and get lost in the multitude of books at my disposal (need I say that I spend no less than 1 hour per visit- who can simply walk into such a store with its cozy ambience and inventive knick-knacks and walk right back out- I have yet to find such a person!)
– I have 3 dogs back home (Trinidad), and at one point we had 5 dogs in our backyard! Needless to say that my favourite pet is man’s best friend 🙂
This flirty floral dress is from Dynamite clothing and I absolutely love the fun, bright colours against the sheer white fabric! I paired it with a pair of brown wedges bought at Call it Spring and wore a matching brown belt from Aldo Accessories. Finally, I wore a pair of blush pink sunglasses from Forever 21 and to finish this look, I wore a pop of hot pink lipstick- 1st layer of Maybelline #160 Fifth Ave. Fuchsia and 2nd layer of Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream Sancerre. This outfit is perfect for a brunch date or a summer BBQ! You can also find this outfit on IG @styleguideto 🙂
Disclaimer: The stores mentioned above do not endorse or sponsor Living Lissy. The fashion opinions are my own.
That’s about it! I’ll be sharing some styles that I’m currently loving as I impatiently await the Spring weather to greet us, so stay tuned! Do let me know if there’s anything in particular you’d like to know about me or any topic that you’d like me to cover 🙂
Bye for now!